The realization of artworks preservation to grow Indonesia who are creative, appreciative, and loving the national cultural treasures.
- To collect, study, document, preserve and safeguard artworks, particularly the state collections.
- To increase the activation of exhibitions and other publications in visual art within the national and international scope.
- To increase the creativity and appreciation towardsartworks within the artist, student, University Student, and general publics.
- To develop expansion of community and cooperation networks/partnership in visual art.
- To enhance the service of education in visual art as well as developing the human resources and facilities of Indonesia National Gallery.