|Place/Date of Birth
||Kulon Progo, 29 April 1962
||Lecturer, curator and art critics
||Indonesia Art Institute, Yogyakarta
|| Jl. Parangtritis Km. 6.5 Sewon, Bantul Yogyakarta 55188 Indonesia
||JL. Bangau 577B, RT 13, RW 26, Wonocatur, Banguntapan, Yogyakarta 55198 INDONESIA
- Bachelor Degree majoring Music Arts, Faculty of Art and Design, Indonesia Institute of Arts, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Master Degree majoring History Study, University of Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Doctoral Students of Culture and Media Studies, University of Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Scientific Publications and Works
- A Piece Sign of Centuries: Artworks Collection of the Bank of Indonesia, publisher: Bank of Indonesia, Directorate of Logistic and Safeguarding, 2010.
- “NEO-NATION – BIENNALE JOGJA IX-2007, A Showcase, Cultural Investment, and Politics of Identity”, in The Journal of Asian Arts & Aesthetics, Volume 2, Juni 2009, The Asian Society of Arts & Airiti Press Inc. Taiwan.
- “Contemporary Indonesian Art: The Latent Potency”, a paper for The 5th International Aesthetic Conference, “The Tide of the Art Studies of Asia” at Retsumeikan University, Kyoto, Japan, on the 27th – 29th of August 2007.
- “ Indonesian Art: Between Negotiation and Anxiety” in the book of the Network from Tradition to Contemporary Meaning , A Memoar for Prof. Soedarso Sp., M.A., (Editor: M. Agus Burhan), Yogyakarta: Indonesia Institute of Art: Yogyakarta, 2006.
- “Indonesia Contemporary Art: Aesthetic Matter, Representation, and Taking Care of Culture” a paper for International Aesthetic Conference of Asian Society of Art, at Villa Prana Shanti, Banjar Sebali, Gianyar, Bali, on 10th – 14th November 2006.
- “Modern Art in Indonesia”, Introduction for Modern Indonesian Art – From Raden Saleh to the Present Day, publisher: Koes Artbooks, Bali, Indonesia, 2006.
- “Contemporary Art of Indonesia” a paper for The Conference of the Second Beijing International Art Biennale – with the theme of “Contemporary Art with Humanistic Concerns” – at Report Hall of Anhui Exhibition & Conference Center, China, 2005.
- “Eksplorations In The Spirit of Subversion” in Asian Art News, Volume 15, No. 6, November/Desember 2005.
- Srihadi: Poetry Without Words (with Farida Srihadi), publisher: Amanah Lontar, The Lontar Foundation, Jakarta, 2003.
- “Batik in Art” in the book : Batik Spirit of Indonesia (Editor: Judi Achjadi), Publisher: Indonesia Batik Foundation, Jakarta, 2001.
- “Batik Painting Art: A New Aesthetic Adventure” in Indonesia Batik Painting Art – From Classical to Contemporary Batik (Editor: Soedarso Sp), Publisher: Yogyakarta Culture Center & Teacher and Education Institute of Yogyakarta, 1998.
- “A Movement against Establishment: New Art Movement and Its Influence towards the Language of Art Expressions” in SENI – Journal of Knowledge and Art Creation, Publisher: Indonesia Art Institute, Yogyakarta, Special Edition, 1997.
- “Content as Power”, a paper for Discussion on Nationalism, History and Modern Art of Indonesia” at Indonesia National Gallery, 1996.
- “Reading Signs, Catching Opportunities: An Introductions to the Contemporary Art Exhibition of the Non-Block Nations”, in the Catalogue of Indonesian Contemporary Art, Ismail Marzuki Art Center, Jakarta, 1995.
- “Finding the Creative Rebellion Format of Indonesian Art” in SENI – Journal of Knowledge and Art Creation, Publisher: Indonesia Art Institute, Yogyakarta, Volume II/No. 03 – July, 1992.
- “Indonesian Art Criticism: Care of What and Who” in SENI – Journal of Knowledge and Art Creation, Publisher: Indonesia Art Institute, Yogyakarta, Volume I/No. 03 – October, 1991.
E. PENGALAMAN SEBAGAI KURATOR (Seleksi):
- “Mind, Body, Spirit: 77 years of Huang Fong” – Solo Exhibition of Huang Fong, at Indonesia National Gallery, Jakarta, 1 – 7 April 2013.
- “MAESTRO – Achievements Trail of 10 Indonesian Artists” – Exhibition of 10 Indonesian Art Maestro, at Yogyakarta Culture Center, 2 – 11 December 2012.
- “Park” – Solo Exhibition of Pande Ketut Taman at Komaneka Gallery, Ubud, Bali, September 2009.
- “The Living Legends” – Exhibition in commemorating 25 years of Edwin’s Gallery – The Silverlinings – at Indonesia National Gallery, Jakarta, 12 -20 August 2009.
- “Up & Hope” Visual Art Exhibition, Grand Opening D’PEAK Art Space, Jakarta, 8-29 August 2009.
- “POLI[CHROMATIC]” – Visual Art Exhibition at V-Art Gallery dan Bentara Budaya Yogyakarta, March 2009.
- “Say It With Apple”, Solo Exhibition of Deddy Paw, at Art Seasons, Singapore, April 2009.
- “Teacher Oemar Bakrie” – Visual Art Exhibition, Jogja Gallery, May 2009.
- “Hidden Identity” – Art Exhibition by Tang Shu and Wang Hui at H2 Art Gallery, Semarang, April 2009.
- “I Want To Be Your Nest” Solo Exhibition by S. Teddy. D, at Emmitan Gallery Surabaya, January 2009.
- “REBORN” Visual Art Exhibition - Grand Opening H2 Art Gallery, Semarang, February 2009.
- “FRINDSHIP CODE” Visual Art Exhibition - Grand Opening Syang Art Space Magelang, Januari 2009.
- Curator “Highlight” – Visual Art Exposition, Faculty of Art, Indonesia Art Institute Yogyakarta, at Jogja National Museum, December 2008.
- Curator ‘Biennale Jogja IX-2007’ – “Neo-Nation”, at Yogyakarta Culture Center, Jogja National Museum, and Sangkring Art Space, 28 December 2007 – 28 January 2008.
- Curator “Conscience Celebrate” – September Art Event, at Gandaria Heights Marketing Gallery, Jakarta, 2-9 September 2007.
- Curator ‘Biennale Jakarta 2006’ – “Milestone” – “Beyond the Limit and the Chalenges” at Ismail Marzuki Art Center, Fine Art and Ceramic Museum and Indonesia National Gallery, Jakarta, May 2006.
- Curator “Soliloquy” – China-Indonesia Contemporary Sculptures Exhibition, at Indonesia National Gallery and Edwins Gallery, Jakarta, December Tahun 2006.
- Curator ‘Bali Biennale 2005’ – “Space & Scape” at ARMA Museum, Sikka Gallery, Tony Raka Gallery, Darga Gallery, Gaya Fusion, Danes Art Veranda, Griya Santrian, Komaneka Gallery, dan Tama Gallery, November-December 2005.
- Curator from Indonesia at The Second Beijing International Art Biennale, ati China National Gallery, Beijing, 2005.
- Curator “Passion: Etno-Identity” – The Development of The Indonesian Fine Arts Last Decade, at the Capital Library Museum, Beijing, and Liu Haisu Museum, Shanghai, China, 2003.
- Co-Curator (Curator: Jim Supangkat) “Nusa Amuk” – Solo Exhibition of Paintings and Installation by Entang Wiharso at Indonesia National Gallery, Jakarta, Nadi Galery Jakarta, Bentara Budaya Yogyakarta, Purna Budaya Yogyakarta, CP Art Space, Washington DC, USA, 2001.
- Curator “Ojo Ngono” Solo Exhibition of Paintings by Nasirun at Indonesia National Gallery Jakarta, 2000.
- Curator “Tracing Timeline and Events” artworks of the collection from Directorate General of Culture, Ministry of Education and Culture, at Indonesia National Gallery, 1998.
- Curator “Three Cities” (Jakarta, Yogyakarta, Bali) Art Exhibition at the National Monument, Jakarta, 1996.
- Curator (Tim Member) Biennale Yogyakarta V at Yogyakarta Culture Center, 1995.
- Curator (Tim Member) Art Exhibition on the Art Festival Yogyakarta, 1992, 1993.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Deputy Chief/Member of Culture Board of Yogyakarta Province 2009-2013.
- Editorial Adviser The Journal of Asian Arts & Aesthetics, The Asian Society of Arts & Airiti Press Inc. Taiwan, since 2008 – now.
- Editor in Chief, ARS – Journal of Fine Arts and Design, since 2006 – now.
- Member of Editor Culture Magazine MATA JENDELA, since 2005 – now.
- Member of Culture Board of Yogyakarta Province 2001-2008.
- Member of Culture Board of Yogyakarta Province 1996-2001.
- Board of Curator Indonesia Art Foundation 1997-2002.
- Board of Curator Indonesia National Gallery Jakarta 2000-2003.
- Member of Editor for Culture Magazine CITRA JOGJA 1996-2000.
- Member of Editor SENI – Jurnal Pengetahuan dan Penciptaan Seni, sejak 1992 – sekarang.
- Judge for National Painting Competition UOB Bank, 2011.
- Judge for National Painting Competition Jakarta Art Award 2008.
- Head Judge of “Academic Art Awards” held by Art Major, Faculty of Art, Indonesia Art Institute Yogyakarta, 2007.
- Judge Member of Painting Competition “NOKIA Art Awards”, 2000.
- Judge Member of Painting Competition “Total Indonesie”, 2000.
- Judge Member of Souvenir Competition “Jagad Purba” STUPPA Indonesia, Tahun 1999.
- Judge Member of Art Competition Philip Morris Indonesia Art Awards – Indonesia Art Foundation, 1996, 1997.
- Judge Member of Indonesia Art Awards, 2001.
- Judge of the 1st UOB Painting of The Year Competition, 2011.
- Terpilih Menjadi Dosen Berprestasi I – ISI Yogyakarta, Tahun 2004.
SPEAKER AT INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL SYMPOSIUM AND SEMINAR
- The 6th International Conference of The Asian Society of Arts & Aesthetics – “Colonization, Urban, Cultural Policy: The New Thinking of Art in Asia and Taiwan”, in Taipei, Taiwan, December 2008.
- Indonesian Congress of Culturea 2008 – “Culture for Piece and Advancement towards Wealthy” in Bogor, December 2008.
- The 5th International Conference of The Asian Socoety of Arts & Aesthetics – “The Tide of The Arts Studies of Asia”, at Retsumeikan University, Kyoto, Japan, April 2007.
- The 4th International Conference of The Asian Society of Arts & Aesthetics – Vila Pranasanti, Ubud, Bali, April 2005.
- Conference of The Second Beijing International Art Biennale (BIAB) – “Contemporary Art With Humanistic Concern”, at Report Hall of Anhui Exhibition n& Conference Center, Anhui, China, October 2005.
- Seminar & Workshop SEAMEO Regional Centre for Archaeology and Fine Arts (SPAAFA) – “Public Arts”, in Bangkok, Thailand, 2001.